Random Blog

Monday, January 29, 2007

Thank You. Dr. Kaul

This morning's mail delivered a bad news- Dr Kaul - my professor in school (Jammu University, India) has died.

He was someone - I rarely thought of ever since I left the university
But now as I go back to memory lanes- its surprisingly so easy to find him.

He was a good man- simple and down to earth.
Sincere to his work - always willing to work with the - unwilling.
Dr. Kaul had a good career- having worked in the university for years and also at Cern labs in Switzerland
He led a good life- and his family must be awfully proud of him.

Today as I carve my future in the corporate world- I am humbled by the thought that I am here doing what I am doing because of the likes of Dr Kaul who choose academics over and beyond the wealth and glamour of writing commercial software.

"Thank You. , Dr. Kaul"

Rest in peace.

1 Comments:

At January 29, 2007 at 7:51 PM , Blogger prershere said...

Prof. Kaul's untimely passing is a huge loss to the JU MCA fraternity.

With him has gone an era of scholary excellence, a man with vast vistas of knowlegde and an epitome of humanity. Those of us who shared a space with him know what a warm person he was.

He was our Department HOD during my stay in the school and never did once we heard a No from him for a cause that was genuine and worth while.

May God Bless his soul with peace.

With great sadness writ large, I can only say, We will Miss you Kaul Sir!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home